Monday 16 March 2015

QR code treasure hunt or why giving up is sometimes a good thing

So in today's lesson we had the first half consist of a QR treasure hunt. You would scan a QR code and it would then show you a riddle which would lead you to your next QR code. Its actually pretty fun to do and I was about and hour and 4 QR code complete when I decided to throw in the towel and call it quits mostly because I was just lost and also because I was hungry. I get back to class and about 30 minutes later other people turn up too and it turns out that it might have be impossible to complete to thanks to some outside tampering of a car park security man. It was fun and quite the good pervasive game. There are other like it such as the assassin guild which I talked about in my previous blog post and other which are like treasure hunts where you use a GPS tracker to find a treasure box which you then take and item from and put one back.  Pervasive game are a lot of fun they combine the real world with the game world and it seems to work rather well. A good example of such is Cruel 2 B kind. here is a link to a video of some people playing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrVZ5JxXfqQ

No comments:

Post a Comment